What is the Adventure Co-Op?
Think of us as your outdoor fitness club.
Adventure Co-Op community members can pay dues to receive convenient and affordable access to paddle sports equipment ( KAYAK | SUP | SURF ). Members who opt to pay as they go receive special discounted access to adventures and lessons, and special rental discounts for themselves and guests! We have removed the obstacles to using this bulky gear so that you can get on the water quickly and easily in Santa Barbara and Goleta Beach. The Co-Op allow members to progress at their own level, while having the extra benefit of profession instructors. We have locker, water, and towel service, not to mention a hot shower on chilly days! Come down to the Paddle Sports Center and learn about what we can offer.
- Co-Op Benefits:
- 25% off all rentals for you and your guests.
- 10% OFF on ALL CIO Adventures & Courses for you and guests.
- 10% rewards on all Paddle Sports Center eligible spending (just like REI)
- Social events
- Access with current dues paid
Just a one-time fee of $25Join Now!
*If you are signing up for the Adventure Co-Op to receive a 10% discount on your adventure, please call our office after signing-up to finish your reservation 805-899-4925. Thanks!
If you are a Co-Op member, you have access to pay monthly dues for one of our fitness plans. This enables you 2 hour access, everyday of the month, for SUP | KAYAK | SURF at either of our two locations (Santa Barbara Harbor & Goleta Beach).
Limited (weekdays ONLY)
Additional Time: Kayaks/Surfboards = $5/hour or $25/day and SUP = $10/hour or $40/day
What do you get with your Fitness Plan?
2 hour access, everyday of the month, for SUP | KAYAK | SURF at either of our two locations (Santa Barbara Harbor & Goleta Beach).
We have single, double, fishing, and premium sit-on-top kayaks along with a wide variety of stand-up paddleboards and surfboards. For the colder days, you can use any of our wetsuit tops, full suits, or farmer-john wetsuits. We also have lockers, towel service, and filtered water to fill up your water bottle with! We like to think of the Adventure Co-Op as your outdoor health club!
Fitness Plans also receive free livery service (i.e. we drive you!): Saturday Mornings at 9:00 AM, Members receive a free shuttle to Hendry’s Beach (must sign-up in 24hrs in advance!)
Livery Rates: (Max 5 ppl per load and 24 advance notice required) Goleta: $20/ea Hendry’s: $10 (Free saturday 9:00am for members) Butterfly: $10 Santa Claus: $20/ea
The Fun Print
- Fitness Plans are available to Co-Op Members only. This is a one-time $25 Co-Op Sign-Up Fee
- Guests receive a 25% discount.
- Students must present valid ID with current sticker, Senior is 55+, Family is 2 adults over 18 and no ride fee for guests in tandems. If you have children that you would like to add to the family plan, they will be charged the student rate for the respective period of time as your Fitness Plan.
- All rates are PER MONTH. Credit Card will be billed each month based on commitment. Billing starts at sign-up.
- You can purchase a year in advance and get 2 months for FREE!
- Plans can be put on hold for $5/month or cancelled for $99 fee.
- AGE POLICIES: Must be 12 years old to ride in a single kayak, 14 years old to SUP, and 16 to go without an adult (adult signature still required). All ages in tandems with adult.
- $5 “ride-fee” for guests in tandem kayaks.
With a new annual plan sign-up you will receive a free lesson (SUP | KAYAK | SURF). These FREE lessons will run ONLY on Saturday mornings at 10:00am. Regular lesson prices are $95 per person. If you are a quarterly or month-to-month member you can sign-up for Saturday or any other per-scheduled lessons and pay only $75 ($20 discount). You may also schedule a private lesson to occur at your convenience for only $55/hour.
You can sign-up online using the “Join Now” link at the top of the page. It will bring you first to our membership site and you will have to select “Adventure Co-Op”. You can then select a plan that fits you best. We are also open 7 days a week at both locations, and you can drop by and sign-up any time!
You will need to complete a membership agreement and acknowledgment of risk form when you arrive OR
Complete our Agreement & Acknowledgement of Risk Form